- Potamus crawled yesterday (8/28). He is 8 months and 1 week old and had been whining and trying to scoot for over a month and then suddenly, trying to reach a metal measuring cup, he did it. Inch by inch, with a chicken’wing type gait, he did it. And then he did it again. And then he performed on cue for the camera. And today he won’t stop…crawling after cords, and the dog’s bone, and anything that catches his goldfish like attention span.
- I haven’t gotten more than 2 hours of sleep in a row for at least a month..probably more. While Potamus has never been a good sleeper, the longest stretch ever being 5 hours (happened once), but he used to faithfully go 3 or 4 in the first part of the night and then slowly disintegrate to 2 or 45 minutes. Now he is sleeping for 2 at a time if I’m lucky. I might or might not be a basket case…or at least on the verge of basket case in the very near future.
- I have 2 interviews in the next week. One for my ultimate dream job, the other for my next-to-ultimate dream job. Good vibes for me, please!
- We’ve side-carred the crib and I keep thinking “hot damn, why didn’t we do this earlier?” While the arms-reach co-sleeper was great for storing things like my cell phone and stuffed animals, Potamus barely ever went down there without a fight…some nights he’d make it there until midnight, most it was until 10pm and then he’d end up in bed with us (something I am fine with, until baby feet end up in my ribs).
- Boof is dating accounting firms. I hope it lands in a sweet job, but I do enjoy having him around the house again.
- The drive over Snoqualmie Pass was beautiful, but sad because the leaves are already turning yellow. Is it fall already?
- My parents are coming into town tomorrow to watch Potamus while we deal with wedding festivities this weekend for Boof’s little sister. I hope it goes smoothly, but 4 adults, 1 baby and 3 dogs under our tiny roof is bound to put some pressure on an already stressed system.